PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 06-23-2014, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.66 MB
tyrannosaurus rex

Starti.g, yet another, prehistoric animal. Tyrannosaurus rex (or t. Rex for short) is among the most recognizable theropods tha ever existed. Mesuring 12.3 meters in length and around the weight of 7 to 8 tons, it qualifies as among the largest land predators that ever existed, only exceeded by the massive spinosaurus. Its skull measures around 5 ft in length and is capable of produceing a bite force of 6 tons, the strongest of any land animal and only succeeded by large mosasaurs, pliosaurs, and very, very big cetaceans

The model is in 1:15 scale and I'm segmenting parts of the body. As of now, I finished the chest, midsection, hips, and tail. Next would be the neck, head, arms, then legs( saved the best/ hardest for last). None of the parts are connected yet and I apologize for the paper wrinkles. Some of these parts are months old
Attached Thumbnails
tyrannosaurus rex-1403585978043.jpg   tyrannosaurus rex-1403586029594.jpg   tyrannosaurus rex-1403586070702.jpg   tyrannosaurus rex-1403586126322.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2014, 04:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Frederico,

That's an interesting project you've started. I'll be following. Is it your own design? There's a publisher called MB Creations that has or used to have a T-Rex, also based on a segmented construction. Very realistic and it scared the living daylights out of my sons when they were small, so T-Rex lost the battle with my wife.

Good luck with yours!

Erik
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good, Frederico. Don't worry too much about the wrinkles. They add a touch of realism to the model.

The MB Creations T-Rex that Erik referenced is an impressive model when completed. It is almost 3 feet long from the tip of the tail to the nose.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 AM

Being 1:15 scale, my tyrannosaurus also nears 3 feet in length when complete, but its a little short die to the curvature of the tail. Thank you both for the compliment

Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Frederick. Glad.to see your building Dino's again, the t-Rex is starting to look like a t-Rex.

At one time I think you said you were working on a Pterosaur? What ever happened with that design? Or was that even you? I just can't recall.

I look forward to seeing your progress on this design.

Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2014, 06:05 AM

I think I know who your talking about, but it wasn't me. There was another person who also built a tyannosaurus who claimed to be designing a pteranodon. But pterosaurs are an interesting subject. If I ever get into that project, it would most definatly be a hatzygopteryx or quetzalcoatlus.