PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Dennis's Paper Tiger

World of Warcraft Papercraft Orange Tiger | Game-Papercraft.com

OK, here we go ... I've printed the non-lined version on 160gsm A4 card (20 pages of parts), but I've got the lined version open on the net-book for reference.

I started with the tongue and worked forward to the teeth ... WRONG!

OK, I got there, but it rapidly became obvious it wouldhave been much easier to start with the teeth and work back to the tongue.

Bottom jaw completed ... Might be easier to do the chin before fitting the tongue.

Pep viewer 2D view shows where the tabs go. Believe what it tells you and just bend the part until it will go there. A peek at the lined version will help to show where the bends should be, but I prefer not to actually crease them as you get more natural curves that way. When warped into position, glue and clamp it so it will stay there.

It's not too easy to see the chin in 3D view as it's beard gets in the way, but clicking on the 2D part will reveal it's position in the 3D view. I'll not be fitting the beard until nearer the end.

'Nuff for today. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Great start, Johnny! I didn't know that such a tiger was available. Thank you very much for the link!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice start! It is always a shame how the printers desaturate the colors so much :(
If you have any difficulties on this model let me know so I can improve the layout
Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
A very nice start.. Like those work bench shots!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 PM

Mouth all done ...

Again, believe where Pep tells you to put the tabs! They will go there if you twist and turn enough, but tweezers and clamps are becoming essential to hold them in place while the glue sets.

Ooooooh how the urge to Snopake those teeth is strong!

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2014, 12:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Johnny, do you encounter any flaps that are too large? If so could you let me know?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I'm sorry......Snopake?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
I'm sorry......Snopake?
It's a liquid paper used to blot out typing mistakes so you can re-type over it.

Hands up anyone that remembers typewriters ... or am I the only old fart around here? Snopake is still available, so there must be some typewriters still around.

I actually bought it to paint my Range Rover's red speedo and rev-counter needles white. I can't see the red needles with Polaroid sun glasses on.

Whadda ya mean 'UK ... Wales ... Sunshine ... nah!' ... I saw the Sun today. Trouble is it was only though a hospital window.

1st chemo session ... no bad side affects yet, but my left arm has a massive pins and needles sensation from wrist to shoulder ... so no progress on the Tiger today mates.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny
Old 09-04-2014, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
We call it White Out around here.
That stuff is good for a bunch of things.

I remember typewriters. Carbon paper, too. Around 15 years ago I went to an office supply store to get some carbon paper. The young seasonal worker (Christmas shopping season) had no idea what I was asking for.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:42 PM

If the mouse hasn't eaten it, I've got a stash of carbon paper somewhere out in the shed if you want me to send you some Doug.

Some of it is top quality Kalamazoo stuff that my brother-in-law had to try to sell when training. Think about it ... anyone who needed carbon paper already had a supplier. Trainees were considered good if the sold a ream of it in a month. Jon sold several reams a day ... 'Can I persuade you to just take a trial pack (1 Ream) to see how you get on with ours?' There's cafe's and Tea-shops all over UK still using Jon's trial pack to write out their menus to this day. .

Shoot, gord knows how old it is ... he retired as a one of there top salesmen, went into politics for a good few years, and it must be at least ten years now since he died.

As I said, it was top quality stuff, and I bet it still works.

Johnny.
Google Adsense