PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 04-22-2015, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.66 MB
sinosaurus triassicus

a preview of my next paper model build. this time, the Chinese terror of the early Jurassic period. sinosaurus was a mid- sized theropod approximately 5-6 meters in length. i'm telling you, at the scale of 1: 48 scale, this thing will be tiny. and the crazy thing is that i have even smaller dinosaurs planed to be modeled after this. as appose to markers, i decided to use water color to color this creature, which admittedly was never something i was very prominent in( despite my utter urge to master this medium). so this kind of like a experiment in a way. wish this guy luck.

Google Adsense
Old 04-23-2015, 12:04 AM

beginning the neck, body, and tail so far. our little theropod is looking pretty good. i am actually starting to like the water colors effect on the paper. it's pretty natural looking (which is what watercolor is notorious for if done right) whereas markers are brighter make the creature imo, look a bit more cartoony. i'm a complete noob in both mediums anyway. all in all, i like how the colors seem to suit the animal body style.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
I am very impressed with your work. May be you say it in previous post, but I wonder how you design the shape of the different elements ? They seem simple, but in reality they are complexe because of their round shap, and they must be assiossiated with each other. Is it a progressive design ? You draw and build, and redraw and rebuilt until every thing is ok ?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
The "Going Merry" by Ninjatoes was hand drawn and colored with water color.
It is a wonderful model.

https://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/cate...ous/one-piece/
Old 04-25-2015, 01:14 PM

pat_craft
thank you sir. yes, i draw out and keep the original plans of the model based of of skeletal drawings, and whenever i want to make the model, i trace the plans and proceed to either color or build it to see what i can change and alter before i find a suitable design. i've actually developed a neat little technique in estimating the girth of the animals. by accessing the width of the pubis in relation to it's body profile. then comparing it to the plans, it seems to work well

man, this thing is crazy tiny! but somehow, i managed and even created the nice movable jaw mechanic featured in all my 1: 48 scale theropods. unfortunately due to the models size and my clumsy fingers, i gotten a little glue on the jaw mechanic, therefore the movement is rather restricted( don't blame me too much though. that head is barely over half an inch in length). but hey, thats what test builds are for. i also have to create a valley fold of a mirrored arm so that both sides would be colored. but man, this thing looks cool.

Google Adsense
Old 05-09-2015, 08:14 PM

the finished model. not only is it the smallest dinosaur i' ve made yet, it is also among the most complete. having a fully detailed mouth, teeth, and tongue, movable jaws, and a decent color scheme. dispite being a fraction of the size, this paper model has more add ons and details then the rest of my dinosaurs.