PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 05-30-2022, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Calliope Hummingbird

This one is the most common hummer we have here, and aside from the very limited US range of the Bee Hummingbird, the smallest bird in the US.
They are smart, rarely bossy with the other species, and tame often feeding from the feeder while you fill it or at least watching hovering within a foot or two. Other than some general changes in color, the only part redone was the head and reduced in size a bit from Johan Sherft's free Ruby throat.
Attached Thumbnails
Calliope Hummingbird-calliop2.jpg   Calliope Hummingbird-calliop1.jpg   Calliope Hummingbird-calliop3.jpg   Calliope Hummingbird-calliop4.jpg  
Old 05-30-2022, 11:08 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
You have some great photos here Glen. Real nice work. I had never heard of this type (Calliope) before. We don’t have those here in the east. I like the photos you created with the model hovering at the flowers. But I have to assume that final image is the real thing? These little birds are not easy to capture images of, so I tip my hat to you on that one.
Mike