PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, USA, one state away from Almost Heaven.
Total Downloaded: 0
"The Army Heritage Trail" or, "It is Finally (a)Live!"

I am a very happy camper today. About 6 months ago, after a successful internship at the US Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC), I landed a great job at USAHEC. During the internship, I started a project involving making a digital version of our Army Heritage Trail, the outdoor portion of the museum. It is geared towards teachers preparing to bring their students to the Center, folks who can't make it to the Center, and visitors on the trail via their smart phones who jsut want more information about a particular exhibit.

Well, the project is finally "finished" (it is an evolving site, so it will never be completely finished) after a great deal of work from myself, my collegues, and our web designer, and has gone live. I am proud to show it off to all of my friends here on the PaperModelers forum!

Please, poke around: The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Congratulations, very nice work! - L.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:38 PM

I am embarassed! I did six and a half years in the Army and I have NO idea where the USAHEC is!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Well done, the pop-up images for each stop are a very nice touch.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Hmm, I seem to remember a slightly infamous (here anyway) picture taken in front of the WWII core area barracks....

Nice job Karl and co.!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great work, Karl!

Charles - Thank you for your service. The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center is located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It's very much worth a visit if you are in the area.
The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

In addition to the permanent exhibits on the Heritage Trail and in the Visitor Center (currently a fine American Civil War exhibit; next year the theme will be the Interwar Army and the Renault FT [with an M-1917 Six-ton light tank turret] is already on display).

Next Friday, the Civil War Winter Camp event will be held, with many living historians, reenactors, and activities.
http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/event/cw150.cfm

The monthly Perspectives in Military History lectures are very interesting and previous lectures are available for viewing.
http://www.carlisle.army.mil/AHEC/me...lery.cfm?id=32

USAHEC is also the location of the annual Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event. I think Ray (Flyboy) Texman is referring to Post #28.
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2011 Carlisle, PA

Don
Old 09-24-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks, but i feel I should say I did my time from 1974 to 1980, and did not see combat (though I was over in Germany during the time we expected the Soviets to come charging over the border any second, and was at a place the Bader-Meinhpf, te Red Army Factor, the PLO, the Red Brigade , and other assorted terrorist groups would have loved to get into) so [people don't think I am one of the people who were in Iraq or Afganistan.