PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 893.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewO View Post
Eric J. . . . Ouch !

Actually, I need one on 1:33th scale to fit the pilot of my P-51b Old Crow . . .
Real pilots don't wear T shirts but do wear goofy baseball caps, so a logo on a 1:33 scale cap would be more authentic!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM

you surf the card model websites at 3am to avoid the 'traffic'.

you have ever gone to sleep at the mailbox waiting for the postman to deliver the kit from Poland.

your child is very confused about the difference between being grown-up with too many toys and being a child with too many toys.

A 'six-pack' is 6 Elmer's Glue applicators in a box.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Too quiet in here. Looks like I'll have to go the barrel of inane humor and see what is clinging to the bottom. Then again, if there is a contribution or two here, I will hold off and stifle the groaners... for a while.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
The difference between pl*st*c modeler and paper modeler when each finds out that their wife's cat ate their favorite highly detailed model.

The plastic modeler has a total melt down at the loss of a very expensive model. The cat, if it survives the melt down, needs expensive vet care to relieve gut obstruction, and dies anyway from plastic poisoning. The wife is upset by the melt down and loss of beloved cat, the marriage ends in a nasty divorce.

At first the paper modeller is a little upset, then realizes he still has the model archived on a CD, and now has the opportunity to build it again better, using all the new methods he learned on paper model forum. The cat's appetite for once is satisfied, and it actually behaves itself for several days. The digested paper model ends up as a contribution to the wife's flower garden, resulting in really spectacular roses which are the envy of the neighborhood. Before starting the big rebuild the paper modeler makes a couple of paper toys for the cat, a gesture which pleases the paper modeler's wife. Everyone including the cat is happy, and the paper modeler's marriage is stronger and more secure than ever.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post
The difference between pl*st*c modeler and paper modeler when each finds out that their wife's cat ate their favorite highly detailed model.

The plastic modeler has a total melt down at the loss of a very expensive model. The cat, if it survives the melt down, needs expensive vet care to relieve gut obstruction, and dies anyway from plastic poisoning. The wife is upset by the melt down and loss of beloved cat, the marriage ends in a nasty divorce.

At first the paper modeller is a little upset, then realizes he still has the model archived on a CD, and now has the opportunity to build it again better, using all the new methods he learned on paper model forum. The cat's appetite for once is satisfied, and it actually behaves itself for several days. The digested paper model ends up as a contribution to the wife's flower garden, resulting in really spectacular roses which are the envy of the neighborhood. Before starting the big rebuild the paper modeler makes a couple of paper toys for the cat, a gesture which pleases the paper modeler's wife. Everyone including the cat is happy, and the paper modeler's marriage is stronger and more secure than ever.
Well, it isn't 'paper modeler if...' but it is nice, and I like it. You have saved the group from another dose of inane humor. Job well done!

I could relate the death of a card stock An-12 wing in the teeth of 'the cat' but the ink jet printer saved the day, so I won't bore you with the details.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
you make a paper model of yourself, making a paper model of yourself, making a paper model of the escape from the planet of the apes Icarus capsule.
or is that,
you must be a planet of the apes fan?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.12 MB
You must be a paper modeler if every single bookmark on your desktop or smartphone starts with eithe "paper" or "model"
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello folks,

I don't know if somebody has had the same idea... reading over 600 posts takes its time...

You must be a papermodeler if you enjoy every day: "You must be a paper modeler if...." .

It is like a sophisticated "Groundhog Day" or more graphically: M.C. Escher....
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.12 MB
... If every bookmark on your desktop starts with "paper" or "model"
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceglue View Post
Hello folks,

I don't know if somebody has had the same idea... reading over 600 posts takes its time...

You must be a papermodeler if you enjoy every day: "You must be a paper modeler if...." .

It is like a sophisticated "Groundhog Day" or more graphically: M.C. Escher....
I checked. There are only 598 posts, so quit complaining [snicker].