PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 07-14-2023, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron

I am thrilled to present this stunning model, meticulously designed to capture the beauty and essence of the Bell P-400 Airacobra. With its intricate details and precise craftsmanship, this model is sure to be a standout in any collection.

I would like to extend a special thanks to Doug for his invaluable assistance in bringing this project to life.

The Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron papermodel is now available for purchase exclusively at my online store. Visit me at https://thaipaperwork.wixsite.com/on...ghter-squadron to get your hands on this remarkable piece.

I would also like to express my gratitude for all the support I have received throughout this journey. Your encouragement and enthusiasm have been instrumental in making this project a reality.

If you'd like to show further support, consider donating or buying me a coffee at Thaipaperwork is Card model designer. Every contribution goes a long way in fueling my passion for creating exceptional papermodels.

Thank you once again for your continued support. I hope you enjoy the Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron papermodel as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you.

[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-cover.jpg

[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-sample.jpg

[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-instruction.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-cover.jpg   [New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-sample.jpg   [New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-183-instruction.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-14-2023, 07:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Thanks for this. Do you have any pictures of the completed model? And do the formers allow for creating a cockpit?
Old 07-15-2023, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Thanks for this. Do you have any pictures of the completed model? And do the formers allow for creating a cockpit?
Dear Siwi,

I am currently working on the step-by-step assembly guide for this model. Please be patient. As for the position of the cockpit, it is not obstructed by the former. You can easily scratch-build the cockpit.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another great model, Nobi. Many thanks.

I've got mine.

Is there anhy way to buy more than one model at a time rather than having to make a separate transaction for each model?

Don
Old 07-15-2023, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
I have to say that at an earlier age I developed a bad opinion of the P-39/P-400, due to its not so great performance over Guadalcanal in the fighter role.

However, more developed reading since then has improved that opinion, if not for the plane itself then certainly for the pilots who flew it. Especially over Port Moresby in mid 1942, it was about the only American fighter going other than the P-40, and the P-39 and P-400 were available in larger numbers. They helped supplement the RAAF who had been holding on since the beginning, and helped to ensure that the Japanese did not have things all their own way.

I am looking forward to building this one.

Doug
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2023, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Payment site seems to have a problem with me. I'll wait few days/ weeks.
Old 07-16-2023, 02:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgerutherford1861 View Post
I have to say that at an earlier age I developed a bad opinion of the P-39/P-400, due to its not so great performance over Guadalcanal in the fighter role.

However, more developed reading since then has improved that opinion, if not for the plane itself then certainly for the pilots who flew it. Especially over Port Moresby in mid 1942, it was about the only American fighter going other than the P-40, and the P-39 and P-400 were available in larger numbers. They helped supplement the RAAF who had been holding on since the beginning, and helped to ensure that the Japanese did not have things all their own way.

I am looking forward to building this one.

Doug

I reccomend watching Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles video essay on the P-39 and why it really does not deserve a bad reputation.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Another great model, Nobi. Many thanks.

I've got mine.

Is there anhy way to buy more than one model at a time rather than having to make a separate transaction for each model?

Don
Dear Don,

I apologize for the inconvenience. The buymeacoffee website currently does not have a shopping cart system, so you will need to purchase the models one by one. I will definitely apply it to my online store as soon as buymeacoffee implements a shopping cart system.

Thank you very much for all of your alway support.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:19 AM

After successfully releasing the 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra model, I believe many people are considering purchasing this model for assembly. Therefore, I have prepared a step-by-step guide with accompanying illustrations to assist you in making a decision about buying this model.

Model assembly begins by understanding the instruction diagram and ensuring that all the parts are in good condition. Follow the designed sequence of the model and assemble the parts in numerical order, starting from 1 and continuing sequentially. This will make the model assembly process easier for you.

Start with part number 1. Once you have successfully cut out part number 1, I recommend painting the edges of the piece using a color that matches the part itself. This will enhance the aesthetic appeal of the component.

The connection strip serves as a helpful tool for connecting this part to other pieces. Apply glue to the connection strip as shown in the illustration and attach it to the corresponding part. Allow the glue to dry before proceeding to the next step.

For parts ending with *, it means that you need to reinforce their strength by attaching them to cardboard paper. The recommended thickness of the cardboard paper should be around 0.8-1.0 mm. We will refer to these parts as "formers".

Formers help maintain the shape of the model you are assembling. Follow the illustrated guide to assemble the former for part number 1. However, before installing the former, first attach parts number 2 and 3, which are the canopy part, for easier installation.

[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-img_0247.jpg

If you don't already have the 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra in your hands, don't hesitate to go and purchase this model at https://thaipaperwork.wixsite.com/on...ghter-squadron

And if anyone is interested in supporting me, you can buy me a cup or two of coffee at Thaipaperwork is Card model designer Every support helps me continue design new models and also contributes to my daily expenses.

Thank you very much in advance for all the support. It means a lot to me.
Attached Thumbnails
[New] 1/72 Bell P-400 Airacobra - 80th Fighter Squadron-img_0247.jpg  
Old 07-17-2023, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the feedback, Nobi. I will be happy to buy the models one-by-one.

And many thanks for the information and images on building methodology. It is a great help and has turned this model into a shiny object I may not be able to resist (he said as he swept half a dozen models in various tages of completion to the edge of his desk, reached for Stanaway and Melinger, P-39 Aircobra Aces of World War 2, and began printing out Nobi No. 183).

Don
Google Adsense