PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Silveroxides Projects

Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Beautiful detail!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Your build threads are good enough to be instructions for building your designs. Just include the pictures with the offers. We, I would hope, can go from there.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Conestoga/Prairie Schooner/Covered wagon.

Thanks Padre; That is what I did with the Gatling Gun. I just placed a note on the download section to refer to the build thread for the construction.

A few more updates on the build:

I did not get any reference material on the brake system so I made one up that looks feasible. Laminated the handle about 4X. I grooved a channel for the wire connector and placed the cap over it to hold it in place.

The 6th photo is of the side utility box which I did not post in the box build part due to poor photos.

I believe I can start on the canvas top next. The frames are done so all I have to do is paint them.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-142.jpg   Conestoga-143.jpg   Conestoga-144.jpg   Conestoga-145.jpg   Conestoga-146.jpg  

Conestoga-147.jpg   Conestoga-148.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Eternal Member

A few more update pictures of the wagon. Worked on the frames for the traditional trademark of the Conestoga. I had to remove the locking tail gate mechanism and revert to a traditional old fashion tie down for the gate. The mechanism got in the way of the placement of the rear hoop frame.

I placed channel brackets for the hoop extensions along the side of the body.

The barrel was lashed to the side of the wagon.

This project is almost finished. There are some more details left to be worked out, like the stabilizer spars for the hoops and how to make the cover. I was going to use a non design plain paper towel but the sections are not large enough to cover the area. I thought about splicing but it would look too thick at the junctures. I will probably take an old used white shirt and cut it and make it out of cotton cloth.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-149.jpg   Conestoga-150.jpg   Conestoga-151.jpg   Conestoga-152.jpg   Conestoga-153.jpg  

Conestoga-154.jpg   Conestoga-155.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looking great as usual, silveroxide!

How about a chicken coop and a few crates on the sides for extra realism?

Terry
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Damn, the work you do is impressive! All designs have been enjoyable to watch as they progressed. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Damn, the work you do is impressive! All designs have been enjoyable to watch as they progressed. Thanks.

Thanks Padre. Sorry I did not respond earlier. Something else got my attention and it seems to be working. Making a paper figure of a pilot. will post the pics shortly in another section. Do not know if I should put it in aviation, sci-fi or figures. It lends itself to all three.

So on with some more updates on the Conestoga. I made the mistake of placing the side support slats on the outside instead of the inside. I just hope that the cover will cover it up. I used clamps to force the hoops into line with each other.

I now have to think on how to make the cover. It will need edgings wit tie down loops and anchors for the rope. I hope to finish it before the D.C. Convention. I may try to make it on the 24th. My contract ends on the 23rd. But I won't get paid until the 1st of Nov.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-156.jpg   Conestoga-157.jpg   Conestoga-158.jpg   Conestoga-159.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Eternal Member

Working on the canvas top. Cut off the ends of the side and top slats.

Tire up an old shirt and made the canvas top. Clamped it down to get an idea of the fit.

The next pictures should be of the edging and tie downs of the canvas top.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-160.jpg   Conestoga-161.jpg   Conestoga-162.jpg   Conestoga-163.jpg   Conestoga-164.jpg  

Conestoga-165.jpg   Conestoga-166.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Eternal Member

The making of the canvas top. I took an old shirt and cut it up. I did not want to use a sewing machine for the edging so I hand sewed it, with the overlapping method. The front and end of the canopy I left it so that the string (Rope) could slide and tighten around the front hoop in the sleeve.

I placed another heavy string (rope) on the long edge and punched holes where the hold down ropes would be placed in line with the hoop slats.

At the local arts and craft store I ran into this braiding cord which almost simulates rope at this scale. The only problem, is that it is stiff. Later I will wet it down and use diluted glue to have it drop naturally instead of sticking out to the sides.

Next post is on the attachment eyes and placement of the canopy on the wagon.
Attached Thumbnails
Conestoga-167.jpg   Conestoga-168.jpg   Conestoga-169.jpg   Conestoga-170.jpg   Conestoga-171.jpg  

Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 502.39 MB
Fantastic model!

Wyvern
Google Adsense