PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 297.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
Yeah, the only ones worth getting on Blu-ray are the PT movies. The DVD's are already high definition, and anything more would simply highlight the flaws in the original (but hey, this may be Boy George's plan anyway: making us, the original fans, hate the OT and love the PT).
With Jar-Jar in the PT, Lucas has already made me hate the PT. Jar-Jar was supposed to be the lovable sidekick like Chewie. Part of what Lucas failed to see was that part of what made Chewie lovable is he was believable (within the universe created). Jar-Jar behaved like a cartoon character, he could have been replaced with Roger Rabbit and no one would have noticed.

Lucas has already made me hate the OT with the whole 'Greedo shoots first'. I was 10 when I saw the first film and I understood that Han had no choice but to kill or be killed, I didn't see Han as evil. It's a curious paradox how someone can be such a genius and yet a complete idiot at the same time?

I collect tons of Star Wars stuff and have been replacing all my special effects movies with Blu-Ray... but I won't replace the Star Wars ones until he releases an edition with the above two things fixed.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
From some videos that I have watched. I'm lead to believe that Lucas really had very little in the actual creation of the original Trilogy. Compare the first three movies made with the latter three just by character development.

If you can explain to someone who has NEVER seen the movies any of the characters with ease. That would be great character development.

Ex. Explain Han Solo to someone who knows nothing about the movies. Then try to explain Qui-Gon Jinn using the same technique. Both characters were played by great actors but in the end...

... you end up describing Han as a Rogue, Loner, Brash, Pilot and your absolutely lost trying to describe Qui-Gon. Don't even get me started with Princess Amidala in the first movie... They might as well have used a cardboard cut out.

The Phantom Menace was the WORST Star Wars movie created. I could go on and on but I would end up ruining it for those who think it was a great movie. If you are interested I could post you links to videos that bring to light how bad this movie was.

In the end. We still have the original trilogy. I have links to video talking about it. The videos are a little crazy and NSFW though due to subject matter.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Let me guess Stev0 . . . you are referring to that *excellent* Phantom Menace review by RedLetterMedia on YouTube, right? Best YT video EVER. AND he plans to do one for Attack of the Clones (the best movie in the PT, though that's like saying the Big Mac is the best sandwich at McDonalds; sure it tastes pretty good, but in the end it's as nutritionally empty as a piece of styrofoam). I'd sat it's NSFW because of the language and S&M references, but then again the subject shouldn't be viewed by people of *ANY* age.

Check out this site: http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/ You won't be surprised to read that not only did Lucas *not* have any control over the creative process which brought forth ANH and TESB, but when he *did* finally get control in time for Return of the Jedi, we ended up with a Muppet Wars and a Prequel Trilogy. He also changed his story on what he originally intended Star Wars to be about, oh, maybe a hundred times. He's the Bill Gates of Sci-Fi Fantasy, basically. And remember Marcia Lucas? Neither did I until I read the article about her. She was responsible for a great deal more than editing the first film.

Oriodo, I said that was the *plan,* not that it would actually *work*. :p GL is convinced that flashy effects are the most worthy goal of a production, and brainwashing his followers to accept that believe would be best accomplished by making the OT look bad with all the flaws highlighted by the extreme high def of the Blu Ray format and compared with the flashy (but emotionally empty) effects of the PT.

Actually Jar-Jar wasn't the worst aspect of TPM, but he sure comes darn close. He's ten times better in Clone Wars though, when people who are actually good at humor got a chance to write him. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: GL is great with formulating the *idea* of a thing, but he needs to learn to leave the dialogue writing and plot development to people who know what they're doing.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM

LoL those are the videos.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
I still firmly believe that "The Phantom Menace" could have been reduced to 10 minutes in length and added to the beginning of the next film! Then added a movie after "Revenge of the Sith"...

Then again, GL is the one raking in the cash. We're just the ones who enjoy building models from the Star Wars universe...

...even though I only build from the original trilogy... :D
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2010, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 297.87 MB
Yes Lucas' strong suit is ideas. He is a good storyteller (that is basic story treatment stuff) and a good visual director. Very poor character developer, he can't write a script to save his behind, dialogue is lost on him. He also can't direct actors, thank God he was able to cast actors that knew what they were doing (although they would have done better with a different director). Being a shy person he just doesn't have a solid grasp on the interaction of people. If he had let someone else write scripts from his story outlines and let someone else direct the actors on ALL the films, we may have had 6 awesome films instead of 2.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChild View Post
I still firmly believe that "The Phantom Menace" could have been reduced to 10 minutes in length and added to the beginning of the next film! Then added a movie after "Revenge of the Sith"...
10 minutes including key scenes from Clones and Sith + credits!! Sometime after ESB, George Lucas succumbed to the Dark Side of the movie world and became part of the studio that he had originally railed against...how ironic is that...Anakin become Darth in real life...

I dream that the legal stormtroopers occupying the Skywalker Ranch Deathstar will be nuked one day and clear the way for Parts 1-3 to be reimagined in the same way Peter Jackson did Lord of the Rings (but fumbled the ball on King King) or in which Battlestar Galactica was reimagined and had its true potential realised - although in a fairly long winded way...
Old 08-21-2010, 02:18 AM

It's interesting how much GL's life with Star Wars is like Anakin's career as a Jedi/Sith:

GL: A New Hope ************** Anakin: Podrace and blowing up the Trade Fed Battleship (both epic wins)

GL: The Empire Strikes Back ***** Anakin: Becoming a General in the Clone Wars (even more epic wins)

GL: Return of the Jedi ********* Anakin: Killing his wife and becoming Darth Vader (FAIL)

GL: The Phantom Menace ****** Anakin: Blowing up Alderaan (Epic FAIL)

GL: Attack of the Clones ******* Anakin: Decimating the Rebels and kicking Luke's butt (Even more epic FAIL)

GL: Revenge of the Sith *******Anakin: Having to die to realize he's been a complete jerk (Ultimate epic FAIL)

Am I the only one who noticed that?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
I think you got the list backwards there, lol
Old 08-22-2010, 10:06 PM

No, I'm pretty sure Star Wars (ANH to you yungin's ) was made in 1977 and The Phantom Menace was made in 1999.

J/K! I know what you mean. The list is meant to be chronological for the person in question. George made the movies in that order and Anakin made those triumphs (and mistakes) in that order; the similarity in triumphs and failures is striking.
Google Adsense