PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2014 - 17 and 18 May

May 17 and 18 are Army Heritage Days at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC) in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA. The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

Paper Modelers Forum members have traditionally displayed models at that event. This year, we have been welcomed back by USAHEC. The invitation is copied below. This year, we will also make a presentation on paper modeling and military history on Sunday, 18 May 2014, at 1:00 PM.

If you are going to be in the Carlisle area on those days, please stop by to see us. If you do, introduce yourself and tell us your Forum screen name.

If you have models of U.S. Army vehicles, aircraft, watercraft, or equipment (or those of other services) and would like to display them, please send me a private message describing the model or models and we will make every effort to find room in the display. We will also display some models of non-U.S. military equipment and some non-military models to showcase the variety and scope of paper modeling, but first priority goes to models relating to the history of the United States Army.

You can see images from previous Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days events here:
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/19391-2012-paper-modelers-army-heritage-days.html
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/14309-paper-modelers-army-heritage-days-2011-carlisle-pa.html
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/8061-paper-modelers-army-heritage-day-2010-carlisle-pa.html

Thanks to Scott Fynn and Fiddlers Green, Ryan Short and L-Planes, Design Group Alpha (Jim Gausman, Guido van Roy, and John Bowden), Cliff Button and Paper Tiger Armaments, ECardmodels (Chris Gutzmer and the crew) , and Camille Morin for their support of this and past events.

Don

USAHEC Invitation:

Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:53 AM
To: Boose, Donald W Jr CTR USARMY AWC (US)
Subject: USAHEC Army Heritage Days Invitation

Sir: It is my great pleasure to invite you and your comrades in the paper modeling community to participate in the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center's Army Heritage Days event on May 17th and 18th, 2014. This year will be bigger and better than ever, with featured events ranging from military band concerts to a World War I era bi-plane fly over and exhibit. From a World War II German nebelwerfer, to a lecture by one of the world's top scholars on the life and times of Alvin York, to current operation U.S. Army vehicles, you will be able to find something that interests you.

This year we ask the paper modelers to take on two missions. First, for the duration of the event, we would like a portion of our cafe hallway to be occupied by displays of paper models and building stations, just like in the past. We, of course, strongly urge all to make their primary displays military and U.S. Army in nature. Second, we would like the crew to do a presentation, just as you described in past emails, on Sunday from 1300-1345.

Please let me know soonest if the paper modelers can accomplish this mission! Thanks!!

Karl K. Warner III
Program and Education Coordinator
U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive, Carlisle PA 17013
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM

As of today (16 March 2014), the participants will be Rick Steffers (Rickstef), John Glessner (DrLaser), Anne McCombs (Amcombs3), Kevin Stephens (KCStephens), Don Weeks (rockpaperscissors), Karl Warner (k.warner), and me. John Dell hopes to stop by on one of the two days. Commander Ted may be able to participate. Greg Perry is sending his model of Cami's U.S. Army MP sedan for display.

Don
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hope you have another great year while attending! Would like to find myself there once, but not this year!

Mike
Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
As always I look forward to this event, not just for the Paper Models, but for everything else that Army Heritage Day has to offer. Please come out and visit us this year. Carlisle is a short driving distance, about 2 hours or less from major cites like Baltimore, Philadelphia & Washington, DC and about 3 hours from Pittsburgh and the NY/NJ Metro area. Not only is the USAHEC and Army Heritage Day worth the trip by itself, the City of Carlisle is a beautiful town with many unique restaurants and shops to visit as well. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:17 AM

McHale will also be participating.

If you plan to stay overnight, make your reservation early. Rooms will be tight due to the Carlisle Car Show (Import and Kit Nationals) taking place at the same time as Army Heritage Days.

PM me with an email address for a list of hotels and motels in the area.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Greg Perry is sending his model of Cami's U.S. Army MP sedan for display.

Don
On its way with a companion 57 chevy convertible and an older streetpaper build I did many moons ago. You should get it this week Don.

greg
Old 05-05-2014, 01:36 PM

Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days - 17 and 18 May 2014

The Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event is on schedule for 17 and 18 May 2014.

Rick Steffers (rickstef), Kevin Stephens (KCStephens), Don Weeks (rockpaperscissor), Anne McCombs (Amcombs3), John Glessnor (DrLaser), Karl Warner (k.warner), Commander Ted (CMDRTED) (I hope), and I will display models, and there will be plenty to see.
The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

Thanks to Ryan Short (LBirds); Cliff Button (Paper Tiger Armaments); Camille Morin (Cami); John Bowden, Jim Gausman, and Guido van Roy (Design Group Alpha); Chris Gutzmer and the Gang at ECardmodels; and Scott Fyn (Fiddlers Green) for their support.

If you will be near Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA, on that weekend, please drop by and say "Sikorsky! Sikorsky!".

Send me a PM for further information.

And on this Cinco de Mayo Day, join me in a salute to the 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron – Escuadrón 201 – the Aztec Eagles who flew their P-47 Thunderbolt fighter bombers during operations in the Philippines and Okinawa during the Pacific War.
http://jaltembasol.com/Tara/mexico%20ww2.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escuadr%C3%B3n_201
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7EtfGOAdwU

Don
Old 05-05-2014, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Sorry I can't make it Don. I have River Monitoring training that weekend. To make matters worse, I've been working so much that I haven't been able to build anything in many months, other than the pre-cut windup Stegosaurus that I posted recently.

Bob
Old 05-05-2014, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Thanks for the info about the participation of Mexico in WWII. That is something I did not know about and is a welcomed addition.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.12 GB
paper model show

I plan to attend the paper model show at the Army Heritage Center this coming weekend.....is there a schedule of events for the show online as yet.
Looking forward to another great show
Google Adsense